- Schools will close when weather and road conditions in the Interlake School Division are such that it is not advisable to transport students via school buses.
- If weather deteriorates after the school day has started, creating unsafe driving conditions that necessitate cancelling bus service for the return trip home, students will remain in school until other arrangements can be made.
- Buses will not be sent out early.
Extreme Cold Weather
- Schools will be closed and no buses will be running if the temperature is -40 C and/or the wind chill is -45 C or colder at 6:00 a.m.
- In the event of a school closure an automated message will be initiated after 6:00 a.m. notifying parents of the closure.
- Closure information will also be distributed to local media and posted on the division website, X (Twitter) account and Facebook page.
- When all schools in the division are closed due to extreme hazardous weather (full closure), rentals of school facilities will also be cancelled. The only exception to this will be for a major event, which has been planned and advertised extensively for a long period of time prior to event date, and which cannot reasonably be cancelled on short notice, or rescheduled without major inconvenience/cost.