Since 2006, Manitoba has recognized exceptional educators whose outstanding educational practices have a deep and lasting impact on student achievement, engagement and well-being.
Manitoba’s Excellence in Education Awards are presented annually in the following categories:
- Teaching Excellence: (3 awards)
- These teachers demonstrate exemplary professional practices and an exceptional ability to inspire students and colleagues.
- Outstanding New Teacher: (one award)
- These new teachers demonstrate great enthusiasm and professional skills that foster a love of learning in students.
- Outstanding Team Collaboration: (one award)
- These educators demonstrate a remarkable collaborative effort while spearheading an exceptional initiative that fosters student learning and engagement.
- Outstanding School Leader: (one award)
- These passionate school administrators demonstrate an exemplary ability to bring out the best in students and staff in order to create a stimulating learning environment in which each individual can thrive.
- Premier’s award for Excellence in Education: (one award)
- These educators distinguish themselves by their remarkable contribution to student learning and engagement. (The recipients of this award are selected from among all the nominees for the above-mentioned award categories.
Each award recipient will be presented with a certificate of recognition and a cheque for $500.